We offer free naturescaping and rain garden workshops throughout the tri-county Portland metropolitan region. Our workshops are hosted by interested individuals, neighborhood associations, and community organizations. If you are located within our district boundary (Multnomah County, east of the Willamette River), it is free for you to host a workshop!
By hosting a workshop you bring neighbors, friends and interested citizens the opportunity to learn about rain gardens and naturescaping - for free!
Here's how we bring free workshops to your neighborhood:
An interested Host (that's you!) invite us (EMSWCD) to offer a free workshop in your community or neighborhood during our fall (September - December) or spring (March - June) workshop seasons.
What we do:
- Handle all workshop scheduling, registrations, confirmations, rosters
- Supply you with our workshop fliers to post around your neighborhood shops, libraries, community centers, etc.
- Manage workshop promotion through online calendar postings, email announcements, community outreach
- Provide professional workshop presenters and free participant workbooks
What you do:
- Reserve a workshop location (at no cost to EMSWCD) that can fit 20-40 people
- Help get the word out by distributing fliers locally and announcing the workshop at local "friends group" meetings
- Assist with day of workshop needs and provide light refreshments
We look forward to partnering with you soon! To learn more about hosting a workshop, contact Katie Meckes at 503-935-5368 or katie AT emswcd.org.